View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #142
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
Edit, i was looking at project miatabusa yesterday as well. They spoke OF the spool valve, slipping it out and the actual part where the u joint splines are and pinion gear is are two pieces. They slip fit. They have play. It'll grenade your shit IF you have a miata doing the depowered says THEM. I dunno about the real world but motoiq is pretty awesome reading material on the reg. Our cars dont have that two piece gear/spline crap going on so there's no need to weld the shaft into one piece. Nobody who actually cares about getting things done has time to read any pages of negative unproductive banter.

I just happened to be bored and have a spare rack to play with. I didn't think removing the spool was necessary either. Taking shit apart and re-engineering it is stupid fun though. I wouldn't be playing with cars if i didn't. =D If anything that spool should come out so i can get my nerd on making a lightsaber handle. Lol.

Between you and me, (ixfxi) if my pump failed or something broke related to my ps when my car was running i would have just looped the lined and depowered later. Simplistic opportunist.