View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #1628
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyv90 View Post
Okay So i have an s13 and it does not have coils i will plan to get some and drop it a inch or maybe a little more. This is my dd. I do not want it slammed to the floor or hella flushed. I want it to the rim to be flush with the fender however. I was thinking 17x8 or 17x8.5 or 17x9. I don't want staggered rims or anything really( i heard it does not matter for performance and is a look thing). What offsets should i be getting to clear brakes and coilovers? I would rather not have to roll my fenders.

Also id prefer a none sunken in look

The front rim here is perfect but the rear one is sunken in and has a concaved look(guessing due to negative camber).

I dont know lots really cause ive searched and get random answers like people said +35 offsets and stuff are gay honda ones and bad for RWD cars and then others say they are good and work on s13s perfect with no modification and then i see others wanting like +20 or +10 offsets. I do get how it creates rubbing but dont know enough about the s13 chassis.

Thanks for the answers in advance sorry if my question is dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME GUSTA View Post
Your car will not look anything close to that with the drop you are trying to get. You dont wanna roll fenders either.

In that picture, the rear is probably flush, the fender is just tucking more tire + camber.

If it's your dd, leave it stock. Sitting 4x4 status with whack fitment is just gonna draw negative attention.

If you're willing to do some fender work (roll) and drop a little more. Then come back.

If you plan to continue anyway, I suggest buying the coilovers and getting them installed first. And see how low you can comfortably get the car.
Biggest problem here is that you're using a modded body for a reference, when your goal is to leave the car as stock as possible. My suggestion is look around for pictures of S13s running stock R33/34 GTR wheels. If you like how they look without spacers, thats a good starting point for you (17/18x9 +30) and adjust accordingly.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote