View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #174
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedone View Post
Yeah and screw those government employed unionized police, fireman, military, EMT, etc, etc, etc. I am not sure where you all went to school, but even in the shit hole I went too, I did not have political non-sense rammed down my throat. So this myth that all teachers are some liberal firebrands is complete nonsense. What is scarier to someone like me is that children's text books are being changed by a bunch of wackadoo nut jobs in Texas who still think the world is flat. Texas Cooks the Textbooks - Newsweek and The Daily Beast
Actually - yes, screw them.

Why should a Government employee make 2-3x as much as a Private worker and have a gold plated benefit package that's immune to the Affordable Healthcare Act (Obama Care) while people in the private sector are being stripped of benefits, forced into 401ks and paying more for healthcare?

Also, lets make a correction here - Military is NOT UNIONIZED. Soliders and Marines can not just go "oh shit, $35k a year sucks!!! I want more, I refuse to fight" unlike teachers in Chicago making $76k a year and are pissed off because they want a 14% raise and not be held accountable for their performance.

EMT's are employed by Hospitals, not the Gobberment.

Fireman pay varies greatly. Some cities have issues where they are making $200k a year... in my county they are all volunteers.