View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #41
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
After sifting through the rubbish and pussy bleeding this turned out to be a pretty helpful review and didn't discount me from considering either emotor coilover model on my own car.... Fortune auto also offers rebuild services for coilovers...even if they are not their own brand. $450-550 for an entry level starter kit is balls cheap given they have alot of potential to grow with your driving skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
Actually that is a load of bull. I bought a full set of rose jointed arms for my S13 from them. Package was terrible and i mean it...

But then the quality of the stuff ?
1/ the alloy is shit. It is supposed to be metal, but it feels like cheese... and it IS heavy. Machinist has never seen that. Easier to cut than low grade aluminium.
2/Threads : There was paint ON THE THREADS And they had so much play in them i had a machinist redo them.
3/ LCA "studs" coming into spindles. They dont have the correct taper !!!!
4/ Welds. Even when i started welding, i made better welds ...had to redo them too.
5/ tolerances. I had to redo every damn misalignment spacer, because none of them was ROUND. And none of them had any tightness in them. And they were made of "cheese metal" too .

So please dont even talk about the quality standards of EMUSA... I think it would have cost me less to have a fabricator make these arms ...
I think i WILL talk about the quality standards of emusa. In fact, i'm going to stand behind them right now with MY control arms i got from them. (had to correct myself because i was calling them godspeeds. However they are not sold through godspeed/fatboy garage but emotor/emusa and that's who i dealt with on the phone and the name on my receipt and ebay account/paypal.)

I had an issue with their tension rod through bolt spacer thingies not lining up on one arm because the hole was misdrilled. Corrected it myself in about 5 minutes.... The taper on the knuckle shank can also be corrected fairly easy. You can chuck the thing in a damn drill press or small lathe and handle it yourself. My taper was off. I still feel i got more than what i paid for! That's probably because i'm not a fucking retard expecting fine wine on a pabst blue ribbon budget.

1 day After i placed my order for my arms via their ebay store (EMOTOR) they called me on the phone PERSONALLY and asked if it was ok to substitute colors since they were out of stock in red. They were REAL nice about it too. Like so nice you just want to hug them through the phone and even asked to be reassured if i was fine with the substitute. If they didn't give a shit they would have just sent me whatever and left me dead in the water if i didn't have the tooling and resources to fix a few minor defects on my own. They do have a return policy, especially if it's something wrong on their end of things. I chose not to be lazy and fixed my own.

You are a crybaby. Can afford the "right" coilovers yet bitch about trying to cheap out on arms and "having" to put a little elbow grease in. Elbow grease that was YOUR choice. You could have just called them up, explained what was going on with them like a mature adult and sent them back....but now here you are bitching thinking they dont care about their target market that keeps their business afloat. I damn sure wouldn't care after reading your post. I'd be enjoying how delicious your tears are after you voided any chance of a warranty/help.

Back on track....

If anyone DOES track these coilovers and has ran them to fail point? Can you analyze what the cause was like a mature adult?