View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #64
onewicked750

Trader Rating: (0)
onewicked750 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a hard one for me, I've never had an S-Chassis that had a KA24 in it. However, I'm helping my friend put one together at the moment and I am impressed by the stoutness of the motor in stock-ish form let alone when he turbo's it. It is a bigger engine and with the right head and bottom end prep it would undoubtedly be better than an SR. On the other hand that is a TON of work to get the KA up to par with a performance oriented engine like the SR which as people have said has tried and true aftermarket support and can reliably put down 3~400 HP relatively cheaply. Also I personally think that SR feels better, and by that I mean it has smoother power delivery and doesn't sound like its gonna explode at high RPM. At the end of the day though it's really a personal choice, and I'll have to agree with Biggamehit on this one. If I didn't already have a few SR's from my time in Japan, I wouldn't bother with one here in the US... That said I DO have some SR's already so why not put them to use lol. Oh and @ Biggamehit, has Mickslippy thrashed my old 180 or is it still kickin out at MSP lol.

And for the OP as far as I know, the KA has a ton of support here already but you do have to do your homework like with anything else unless you drop a lot of money and just get bolt in kits for things.
onewicked750 is offline   Reply With Quote