View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
240sxfan6882
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxfan6882 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheyi View Post
I saw this on the KA-T forums first. Seems like they are not too excited. The biggest concern is if they can produce parts for a great price for the level of quality they are known for on the SR.

Many of them think that American companies are doing quite well with the KA platform and Tomei is a too late to really get people to buy their parts. Opinions?
I have a KA-T that was possible with a ton of knowledge from those guys.
But the culture over there is to build the block, get a top mount manifold, a t3/t4 turbo and call it a day.

Im using an Xcessive top mount setup with a t3/t4 .50 trim turbo, and to tell you the truth i find it boring. Im going bottom mount and I have a GTX2867r that im running, and as far as I know I am the only one on those forums who's going to be running one. I told my buddy who is also a KA-T junky and he said why spend the cash? He would just use a $300 holset turbo and call it a day.

Most are happy with good old'proven tech, and that's fine.
There are a lot of options for top mount manifolds for the KA, but you will not find a twin-scroll-ready manifold outside of the $$$$ full race. And bottom mount options are the DOC race one, or the Ebay-caliber ones like Isis and so on. But a bottom mounted pulse-divided manifold like the Tomei would be awesome.
240sxfan6882 is offline   Reply With Quote