View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #68
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
terrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slims View Post
What happened to separation of church and state? oh wait its 2012, no one in government plays by the rules.
There is no document that actually says "there is a separation between church and state" in the US constitution or any other legal document. It was only in a letter written by Thomas Jefferson, he viewed that their should be a separation between the church and state. This letter has been brought up in supreme court a few times, but again; it is not in the Constitution.

On that note, anyone who claims they are religious I automatically assume they are less intelligent. I am embarrassed that we still live in a world that clings to barbaric ideas and traditions blindly on ignorance. It would not surprise me if some politicians actually claim a certain faith to gain voters (worked for W. Bush). So to the topic of the OP, it makes a difference that the person running for office actually claims a religious affiliation; regardless of the context of their superstitions.
terrence is offline   Reply With Quote