View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #254
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBrown View Post
This is a dumbass statement. It does not take into account any profiling by police, which of course happens everyday - regardless if you drive a modified 240, EVO, Z33, etc.
The statement he made is very much so valid.

Right hand drive cars around here get a lot of attention from cops because they rarely see them. Most cops think they're illegal (), but it all depends on how you drive...the older fellows I know that drive them and drive them "quietly" (no ripping around, speed limits, no stupid lane changes) rarely get ticketed, let alone pulled over. the kids (I am one myself but I tend to drive like an old man) that rip around and bounce off the rev limiter get pulled over left right and centre. doesnt matter if youre driving a bone stock impreza or a straight piped RB240. Attitude when driving is everything, nevermind not giving cops smart ass answers when they do pull you over (or bitching about it).

mind you, the older guys i mentioned, all drive highly modded Skylines, most of them stock looking, all pushing big power numbers (some of them even riced out (google "skyline R32 pinky)).

Maturity (driving and in conversation) counts my friends.