Thread: secession:
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #40
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I see this has kind of taken off.
You guys just sight Texas, but there are almost 20 or 30 states that are a couple thousand votes from having a true legal petition that congress/U.S. has to address.

Also, I do not assume it is all because of the presidential election. A lot of people feel its gone to crap slowly over time.
Some of you are looking at this how I imagine some people look at moving to a "third world" country or even second: Yeah it's no U.S. by any means, But in their eyes they do awesome with what they have. There may be no internet (and even then some places do have it), there may be no "high end" TV shows, and there may be no Pristine roads that cost billions of dollars to maintain. But humans have survived without all that stuff for ages. I mean look where society is going because of that stuff...But I digress, that's a whole nother thread.

I agree with this all the way though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Lincoln himself said, "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it."

I think secession isn't the right way to go about it, and it will never happen.

Nothing will ever happen to get the American people off their lazy asses and actually caring about freedom. We gave up freedom for convenience back in the early part of the 20th century and nothing will turn us back.