View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #363
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Does the PCV valve actually do anything special, or is it basically just another valve cover vent?
I do not see how it could do anything different from a regular valve cover port, other than close under pressure.

Which leads me to my question.
Instead of adding a port to the top of the valve cover, why not just replace the PCV valve with a straight-through fitting and run a vacuum line from it through a catch can into the intake?
Possibly cut off the PCV 'strainer' on the bottom of the baffle, so it does not suck in extra oil. Maybe plug it and drill holes in the baffle instead.

Of course, the T-fitting would be replaced with a single-end fitting routed to the crankcase vent, same as when adding a port to the top.
The opening in the valve cover for the PCV valve is larger than necessary to satisfy any vacuum hose diameter desired.

Last edited by Matej; 11-28-2012 at 08:07 PM..
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote