View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:08 AM   #48
Turbozx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Turbozx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20PWRALTY View Post
I wasn't stating the air filter itself, I was just wonder about intake piping you where going to use to locate air filter in that location. From what I understand ref looks at intake system after the MAF sensor.
Ok, good point especially since the EROD comes with no piping for an intake. I never actually thought about it as I was just going to use some 4" piping to run the filter to that location. From everything I've read about the referee certification process it seems so random and dependent on the particular referee. Sometimes i think the entire smog laws in Calif are random.

This is off topic, but when I bought my GTR from out of the state and first went to the calif DMV to get it registered, I thought it was a comedy. I first had to have someone at the DMV verify the VIN, make sure it is 50 state smog legal and verify the mileage. That was easy. But then after getting that signed off I went inside to get it registered and the first thing they ask for is my smog test certificate. I said this is a brand new 50 state smog compliant car with less than 50 miles on the odometer. She said I needed a that smog test certificate, otherwise she could do nothing. At least she was nice and said just go down the street to get it tested and come right back to her and then we could proceed. Ok seems simple enough to do, but the first smog station refuses to test my car as they said it is illegal to bring a new out of state car into California. He said I needed more miles on the car. I knew that that applies only to cars that are not 50 state compliant and that these cars have to have a minimum amount of miles on them before they can be registered in calif. I argued with the guy so he finally called someone to confirm, but they backed him up. Ok this is not going anywhere so I go a couple of doors down to a test only station and he doesn't blink an eye and just tests my car and gives me the certificate I need to register my car.