View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #369
metako42

Trader Rating: (0)
metako42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Hey Matej. I would put the pcv to the greatest vacuum source which is the intake/catchcan... To tell you the truth, so you can pull as much vacuum as possible. T'ing pretty much always reduce flows for any fluid and gases. So no T, but to catch can....

I think 10mm is large enough because might start pulling in oil if any bigger....
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Under accel the pcv valve should be closed. Block off intake port that was connected to pcv. Then pipe the pcv to the catch can....

Should be best....
I still have the factory breather hose routing with factory oil/air seperator (low mount GT2871). I need to keep it looking as factory as possible here (Australia) to avoid getting a defect notice if pulled over. Car sees only street use at this stage.

Would it be an improvement on the factory routing if I:
-connected the hose from the PCV valve to a catch can then intake pipe (should I delete the PCV valve and run a straight-thru fitting here?)
-blocked off the inlet to the intake manifold
-left the std hose going from cankcase to std oil seperator to rear T connector on cam cover
-blocked off front connector on T

So instead of welding a bung on the top/rear of the cover I use the PCV valve outlet for this purpose, and leave the crankcase hose going through the factory seperator to the T. Is the intake pipe a better source of vacuum than the intake manifold at idle and off boost?

Last edited by metako42; 11-30-2012 at 06:44 PM..
metako42 is offline   Reply With Quote