View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
89silviaka

Trader Rating: (2)
89silviaka is an unknown quantity at this point
1jz s13 coupe build up

Hi zilvia my name is Jacob and i decided recently to swap out the sr in my coupe and go 1jz/r154 instead. I will walk you through the build start to recent.

I started out with a 89 hatch that i picked up for a steal with a sil front and dual cam swap. heres when i brought it home. payed $600 for the whole thing.

Shortly after i got it i decided to go sr and do some suspension work.

Suspension upgrades where function/form type2 coilovers , all isis suspension arms , energy bushings and spl solid subframe mounts.

Got the motor all in and running

I happened to be searching through craigslist and found a 240sx coupe shell. I have always wanted a coupe so i decided to snag it. Got it for $250 only had 75,000 original miles but someone had messed the car up. Body was straight besides front fenders and the car didnt have a spot of rust.

My next step was to clean up the shell and start swaping all the parts from the hatch to the coupe . It all went smoothly and had it done in two days.

Body work time cam around after all the parts where switched over . Painted it frost white with a blue pearl.

Then i picked up some wheels and tires.

Shortly after the shitty emance tune i got decided to make the ring lands on cylinder 4 melt.

Decided to rebuild it. Went with oem pistons ,rings , bearings and manley rods in the bottom end. Tomei pon cams and a cosworth head gasket up top.

Bought some upgrades well i was at it. Real greddy intake manifold, tomei 740cc injectors, isis v2 manifold ,garrett s15r turbo , megasquirt pnpv2 , and a ls2 coilpack setup.

So i drove the car like this for 6 months with no problems on 17psi and close to 300whp. Oil seals in the turbo where starting to leak. I had to make a decision upgrade turbo or go another route. I decided to with a 1JZ. Figured great motor and will be more reliable at about 450whp then the old sr. Thats where i am at today. Just got my complete 1jz/r154 swap ordered mounts. Made wiring diagrams to get it going . Just waiting on parting the sr swap to finish buying parts for the 1j.

Got the swap to my house and tore the sr out.

pretty good overall size difference .

Decided i am not gonna use the stock turbo setup. I will be running a driftmotion 60-1 top mount setup. So i tore the stock twins off the swap.
89silviaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links