View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
Zilvia "database error" ate my answer and i dont feel like writing it again, so here is the short version:

RB25 makes S13/14 quite nose heavy, and if you think an SR S13/14 has heat management issue, this is a whole other level. I cant see an SR overheat unless it is poorly mapped and/or something went wrong.

You are in V8 land, so slap an LS7 in it if you want power. Lighter, better weight distribution, no need to rebuild the engine, nothing to worry about reliability, cheap usage.

If you are not satisfied with that kind of power, you alway can add a couple turbos on that. I think it still will be more reliable than an rb25.

One of the hardest thing to do when swapping an rb is sourcing a good condition one, with the good crank, otherwise you are in for quite some work.
Eh, so far I'm happy with mine. But definitely true on the nose heavy part. Nothing a stiffer spring rate/better suspension can't fix. I ended up going with new 11kg spring setup FA 500s and made the car feel more neutral. Power wise, you can push RB25s to 600hp on stock bottom end. I'd go HX30 top mounted with supporting mods/tune and should be good enough to get him there. Crank snout/oil pump issue and ringlands cracking are the downside of the engine.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote