View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #12
GT/?

Trader Rating: (0)
GT/? is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
Zilvia "database error" ate my answer and i dont feel like writing it again, so here is the short version:

RB25 makes S13/14 quite nose heavy, and if you think an SR S13/14 has heat management issue, this is a whole other level. I cant see an SR overheat unless it is poorly mapped and/or something went wrong.

You are in V8 land, so slap an LS7 in it if you want power. Lighter, better weight distribution, no need to rebuild the engine, nothing to worry about reliability, cheap usage.

If you are not satisfied with that kind of power, you alway can add a couple turbos on that. I think it still will be more reliable than an rb25.

One of the hardest thing to do when swapping an rb is sourcing a good condition one, with the good crank, otherwise you are in for quite some work.
Haha that's why I always copy what I write when it's long.
I've seen a lot of guys say the extra weight is from the tranny and won't be very noticeable. I see some agree with you over here.
I was planing on changing the bottom end anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Eh, so far I'm happy with mine. But definitely true on the nose heavy part. Nothing a stiffer spring rate/better suspension can't fix. I ended up going with new 11kg spring setup FA 500s and made the car feel more neutral. Power wise, you can push RB25s to 600hp on stock bottom end. I'd go HX30 top mounted with supporting mods/tune and should be good enough to get him there. Crank snout/oil pump issue and ringlands cracking are the downside of the engine.
What kind of power are you making at the moment?
I've seen the complaints about bad oil pumps and starvation when making over 1Gs, did you have any experience with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeDirective View Post
If you make room for the clutch fan you should have no heat issues.
From my reading in the RB FAQ, I'm not %100 sure, but there is room with the syko mounts on the S14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness! View Post
Going on two years with mine and it still isn't running right. Someone shoot me.

RB26 is next up, hopefully...after I get tired of trying to figuring this one out.
What kind of problems are you facing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzillarb View Post
Over heating can be solved by notching the radiator support so that twin 12" pullers with a shroud can be used. I also run a nismo thermostat. My car rarely sees over 180f.
What kind of power are putting down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSalex View Post
depends on what series your going to compete in.. that's if you are though..

if you just want a weekend track car.. something with replaceable parts would be much better... KA-T.. SR20.. VQ.. and the bandwagon engine LSx...

using a LSX is great.. for drifting u can bang the limiter all day and not give a shit lol...

as far as using the RB20/5/6/30 it would make great for a TIME ATTACK car... if u had shit ton of money to throw around.. it being nose heavy is something that can be made up for... i actually like a lil nose heavy plus having more torque out of a corner is nice..
Why time attack, not gonna hold up for long sessions?
GT/? is offline   Reply With Quote