View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #613
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but It was explained to me that in order to grandfather a pre-ban AR 15 it has to be a full gun before the ban goes into effect or the receiver has to be from a full built pre ban gun. This is assuming they are able to pass legislation similar to the 94awb (which they won't but stock up on HCMs anyways).
The Lower Receiver on AR's is the only FFL part. So, basically it is "The Gun" as far as the ATF is concerned.

This is why everyone is buying Lowers now and a lot of places are out of stock. So they will be grandfathered in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahveed View Post
Looking at getting a mini14 tactical... Hopefully I can find one lol
I had a friend looking for one last weekend and couldn't find one. Found one 50miles away and it was sold before he got there.

Personally I would go with a Mini-30. Availability of ammo and it's a "hunting riffle"

Price wise they were sub $600 for Black Friday. In the $600's then the ban talk came up and they went crazy high now. They were in the 94 list so people assume it will be in the next one.