View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #27
JDMtyte527

Trader Rating: (0)
JDMtyte527 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT/? View Post
That sounds like a fun car. Gonna read more on the 20s, but SR20 make the same power I guess why not go with that since it's an easier and has more aftermarket parts?

I found the 26 has a lot more aftermarket parts and less issues, more importantly the starvation problem. How much did and are you going to spend? I followed a 26 build over here but didn't finish it as I wasn't interested in this, but to the 3rd page lots of modifications and fabricating was done on that s13, do you have a build thread I can check out?

Do any of you guys have video?
Incorrect. LS motors, especially since we are America, have plenty if not more aftermarket support than the RB. And as far as starvation problems, if you plan on tracking why not put a dry sump system in the car anyways? But oiling issues are prevalent in RB motors too. Remember the crank snout issues with failing oil pumps? Also its going to be a lot more expensive to make power from an RB over an LS. Plus when it comes to tuning it will be expensive as well. Using Hp tuners allows you to tune with the stock GM ecu rather than buying some expensive stand alone system.
JDMtyte527 is offline   Reply With Quote