Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #170
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigen View Post
any updates?
Read below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drscooper View Post
VIDEOOOSSS OFFF THIS THING

VIDEOOOOSSS OFFF THIS THING

VIDEOOOSS OFF THIS THING

VIDEEEOOOSSS OF THIS THING!

thanks! lol
Haha, dude chill... It's gonna be a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post
My compliments on your build. (We exchanged PMs about GTX3076R turbos).

I didn't do a VVL setup, but did do an HKS solid lifter setup with stage 3 cams, ti retainers, Greddy valve springs and larger valves.

Anyway, I will look forward to your build's competion. Currently I am debating about whether to stay with the T3 .82AR turbine housing that I got with my turbo, or change to a T4 .63AR for quicker spool (since my full race manifold happens to be an undivided T4 and I am hesitant to cut it up into a T3). I expect to have my car built and dyno tuned before the first week in February.
I recall the PM's, nice to see you drop by. I would go with the smaller T4 housing as well. Well if you make it run in Feb, you'll be ahead of me and I'll be asking you how you like the turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt. View Post
looks great wish i had extra time to start something like this
Trust me when I say I never planned for it to go this far. Thanks for the kind words...

*Update*

So, work has picked up tremendously in the past month or so and my only real day off as of late has been Sundays. I'm also in the process of purchasing or rather attempting to purchase a permanent home. So updates may not be as common as they were months ago.

This Sunday I had a chance to get into the interior of the car and remove the condensor and the blower motor. I am only temporarily removing them to gain access to the harness access point in the firewall from the backside. They will be reinstalled upon the completion of the interior wiring install.

Once they were removed, I lined up and marked the spots I needed to drill for mount my aluminum cannon plug plate. I cut a piece of .062" rubber sheet to isolate and seal the plate to the bulkhead. I don't have any pictures of just the plate installed, but you can get an idea. Once the plate was mounted and secured, I installed the interior side of my ChaseBays harness and routed it accordingly. I am looking for a place to mount my Ignitor as I like the idea of having the body of it grounded like factory.

Once the interior harness section was secured, I flaked out the rest of the engine bay harness to get an idea of how it was designed to run. I ran into a few snags here. One, the CTS plug is the wrong style for the OE S14 SR sensor and Two, my VVL solenoid wires are too short to connect and need to be lengthened by about 10". I don't blame ChaseBays for that as they had no idea where my solenoids were/are located and we simply overlooked that detail when I ordered the harness.

While I had my blower motor out I noticed that the weather seal for the exterior air had deteriorated and was mostly non-existant. So I took the time to clean the entire unit, blow out any and all leaves, dirt, etc, and install some new seal. The exterior of the unit was just wiped down with a wet cloth, no chemicals were really needed.

I also picked up a set of German glass headlights. I am extremely pleased with this purchase. I've heard all the good things about them, but never bought into the hype. Boy was I mistaken. I'm looking forward to getting this installed.

That's all I have at this moment in time, hoping to slowly chomp away at the bit. However, my "deadline" has been pushed back further. As always, thanks for taking the time to read my build.