View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #28
JDMtyte527

Trader Rating: (0)
JDMtyte527 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
My thing is that I've driven cars with an LS in it and honestly, wasnt too impressed with it. I just prefer boosted cars more. Then again, this was during the time I had a 500hp SR so I may be biased a bit.

Who cares if you can can get a crate motor for less than what it cost to an RB engine, you'd get a long block with nothing else. No supporting parts on it like harness, TB, alternator, starter, ECU or transmission. Take you alot more money and time trying to source all that stuff out, then still have to find swap components for it.
Yea as far as not being impressed with the ls it depends on what kind you drove. A lot of guys go with the lq because they are cheap. But the ls makes power where you need it, low end to pull you out of the corner and is smooth transition to power rather than a turbo coming to full boost. Don't get me wrong i love force inducted cars a lot. I deal with many on a day today basis at my shop. And as far as the crate motor you speak of, you are incorrect. They come fully dressed with tb, water pump, spark plugs and plug wires, headers, starter etc. and sourcing a t56 from a GM car isn't that hard or expensive. Gm ecu probably 85 dollars use hp tuners and can tune with the stock ecu. There are many companies out there that make full swap kits even for the engine harness and they are just ask expensive as RB stuff. A little research and you will see its actually cheaper to do an ls swap, more benefits, better weight distribution, easier to make power, easier to source parts, cheaper parts to maintain.
JDMtyte527 is offline   Reply With Quote