View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #21
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
Honestly, you don't know what you are talking about, at all. The fact that you know nothing and owned two of them probably is why you had problems. You failed them as an owner. I hope you have better luck with your other dogs, in the meantime, I have linked you some reading material about pit bulls.
The Truth About Pitbulls
http://www.understand-a-bull.com/BSL...utpitbulls.pdf
ASPCA | The Truth About Pit Bulls
The fact that so many owners neglect their training is exactly why states are cracking down on them.
If you can implement an effective solution making sure that only people who will devote the time/money needed to train and maintain a pitbull will be the ones allowed to own them, then I suggest you propose it.

In the end, it comes down to so many pitbulls being owned by low income area dwellers who get them as fashion accessories specifically due to their 'tough' and 'menacing' image. These are the same owners who neglect the training, until one day the pitbull escapes and rips apart the toddler next door.

And pitbulls are aggressive dogs by nature. Release a pitbull and a poodle into the wild, and observe which one will succumb to their hunting tendencies first. Being a responsible pitbull owner does not automatically make you a god over their genetics. That is like saying all lions are the sweetest things ever, just because you saw one jump through a hoop in the circus. Any animal can be nice with enough training, some just require a lot more than others, the reason being exactly their nature.