View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #35
Travis14

Trader Rating: (0)
Travis14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Those with relaible RB25's they track, did you add baffles to the oil pan to keep from starving the motor when taking a lot of g's or is it all solved by the restrictors and drain on the back of the head? Im tracking a built RB that was built by a shop that claims to have taken care of the head oil pooling problem. The only reason I know its starving under turns is after my first event my motor was tapping loudly for ten minutes or so before calming down. I would think if the head is filling with oil it wouldnt be the lifters tapping.... To answer the original post my S14/RB25DET with 400whp is quicker than my 11' GT in every way except off the line and I believe that is just because it is harder to launch with my massive Turbo. Build the 240 to race and beat on and keep your GT to smack people down on the street until your warranty is up and you are willing to tear it up... Weird the post sounds like something I would have written 6 months ago given the fact I have an 11' GT and was looking at this 240 as my track car.haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Travis14 is offline   Reply With Quote