Old 01-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #71
TTnickdizzle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
TTnickdizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncanseeoh View Post
FOR THOSE WITH A VERTICAL (Hydro) EBRAKE:

Do any of you guys have issues like me getting used to the setup?
I have a vertical installed and I'm so used to pulling my stock ebrake and it's horizontal position, my first instinct is to pull down there. We had a few sessions a while ago and whenever I had to pull the ebrake mid-drift, I automatically reached down there opposed to reaching for my hydro.

I understand it may just take some getting used to and whatnot, but it just feels so different compared to the stock one. Pulling back instead of pulling up is just odd and has such a different feel. I know I can just buy a horizontal one, etc. But, I already have this one welded in. I'm doing my best to get used to it, although I just wanted other's opinions.

So for those with a vertical, what did you do to get used to the setup? Was it weird for you at first too?

Any input is appreciated.

Yeah i feel the same way too. After training your brain for years to pull from the stock location, its going to take some time to train it to be comfortable pulling from somewhere new. I'd really like it to be put in the stock location just for looks but i wasnt producing enough leverage with my setup.

I do have an update from the last time i posted though. I found that i could get it to lock up after i really heated up my Hawk pads by driving around while slightly pulling on the handle. After i did this it would lock up pretty easy when inniating but still doesnt have enough power to lock it up in a straight line. I ordered some type C carbonetic pads which are supposed to have a really high coeffiecient of friction (0.65) at ambient temps where the hawks dont reach that friction level until they are hot. I also changed the MC mounting point on the handle to give me more leverage at the expense of having a slightly longer throw. I have to wait for the pads to come in and then i'll update this thread.
TTnickdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote