View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #24
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
The fact that so many owners neglect their training is exactly why states are cracking down on them.
If you can implement an effective solution making sure that only people who will devote the time/money needed to train and maintain a pitbull will be the ones allowed to own them, then I suggest you propose it.

In the end, it comes down to so many pitbulls being owned by low income area dwellers who get them as fashion accessories specifically due to their 'tough' and 'menacing' image. These are the same owners who neglect the training, until one day the pitbull escapes and rips apart the toddler next door.

And pitbulls are aggressive dogs by nature. Release a pitbull and a poodle into the wild, and observe which one will succumb to their hunting tendencies first. Being a responsible pitbull owner does not automatically make you a god over their genetics. That is like saying all lions are the sweetest things ever, just because you saw one jump through a hoop in the circus. Any animal can be nice with enough training, some just require a lot more than others, the reason being exactly their nature.

I agree with the first two parts. Sadly they are both default statements for most of the situations in the world. Also, sadly, we can argue that the fashion statement "thing" is a learned behavior and a long standing trait. Like thinking A Cadillac is the end all luxury car...

But, the last statement, I find, tends to be a statement of ignorance. And the very reason you cited Is my very argument. Just cause you saw a pitbull acting vicious doesn't mean all of them are killers....