Old 01-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #346
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
lol @ having shoes on 'ice'.

For people who actually wear their shoes, it's nice to be able to get another pair down the line in case something happens to the originals.

Brand is ruined? Nike/Jordan is as strong as ever. They are doing it right. Only people upset are self proclaimed club members and resellers.

If you just have a ton of shoes you wear, you can understandably be a sneaker aficionado but your just by mostly fashion whore...

You may have a simple view as shoes are meant for feet.. but you dont understand my look at why people collect and keep things on ICE. Its the preservation, the value, the rarity of it and/or the historic event it was iconic for. These are the Original Jordans that came out 1984-1999.. these Jordans cant be worn.. they crack at the first step hitting the ground. Why do people collect coins and not spend it, wine and not drink it, own old cars and cant drive it daily... etc etc. In the end there wouldnt be a market for retros if it wasnt the notice of collectors and the prices they go for in the market.

Brand is Strong? I wouldnt say strong as Jordan brand has to re-Retro every single shoe at an overkill to get sales. Its understandable if its long overdue but Bred Retro IVs again after the CDP pack? IIIs? VIs? Yes they always sell out but that is their strength of the business.. When was the last time you bought a pair of Jordans that werent a hyped release or their Slippers.. And also on side note, the material, quality, detail is garbage compared to original pairs.

And the reputation of the brand and the people its drawn in... I use to wake up early as hell on Wednesdays to pick up the latest release. The people who come out were always true sneakerheads and fans of Jordan. We would talk hours not only about shoes but his game playing days. If you come out nowadays you would catch old dudes with their whole family trying to make a few buck, hypebeast kids who wouldnt know how many rings Jordan have and groups of bellicose monkeys fighting over shoes.
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote