View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #348
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Your view of Nike/Jordan seems limited. Outside of the states nobody is all that hyped up like the Americans are.
Shoes are meant to be worn, cars are ment to be driven, and money is meant to be spent.
The only people upset are 'club members' and resellers. Not everyone wants to spend a million dollars on some shoes just because they are OG.
Just like wine, people who want the older shoes will buy them. While people who want something reminiscent of the original thing can purchase what is at hand.

Your narrow mind seems to not to understand what any sense I say when im talking about why people collect.. Your solely looking at this as a clothing brand with simple mind that shoes are for feet, any food turns to poop.. CREAM.. shoes get pussy. Im getting in depth at the heritage of the company and some history in these shoes.. Can you understand some significance of a shoe being brand new after 25 years old? Why it would be worth so much? The rarity?

& only in the states? Have you ever met people outside this country to even back up your fact? Japan alone has a crazier addiction to shoe then we do. Europe alone was the reason why Air Max and runner shoes got such a demand for retro again.. Again, narrow mind and blabbering.

Quote:
Why shouldn't they? If people buy them then why should they stop making them?
More people are into shoes than deadstockers. Are you telling me that you only dead stock heat? Well what do you wear on an average day?
Because of the purity of the brand.. When you see year after year a pattern of release these shoes looses its value and will eventually loose a part of its consumers. One of the big reasons why people started collecting is because these nice shoes, even after being worn, can be resold and bring back value vs Vans and chucks.

ie. Military IVs. I bought a pair when they first retroed and again this year.. the value of them are barely retail. Ruined one of my favorite shoes and the quality of it is nowhere near my original pair.

I actually have a nice collection of shoes I wear and I do in fact wear all the new retros.. Original first release pairs are the ones i keep deadstock.

Quote:
There are more people to Nike and Jordan than just some sneakerheads. Sneakerheads only care about hype shit. Nike makes more money on the mom coming in for some everyday shoes than it does on the kid who only cares about the latest KD or whatever.
Nike has more athletes than just Jordan. Instead of people lining up to talk about MJ, they are lining up and talking about Lebron, KD, and even Kobe.
Sneakerheads of the past are no different than a hypebeast. Both want the same shit, and both only care about the latest carrot being dangled by Nike.
Oh really? I was wondering what Foot locker sells on Sunday-Thursdays.. I only brought out the story to the crowd it draws during these limited releases and the hype it causes.
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote