View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #18
S13 nOOb
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
S13 nOOb is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS Performance View Post
Unless you weld and fabricate yourself getting I/C piping, down piping fabbed up is not going to be cheap as nobody makes a bolt on deal for the KA with t25 / SR manifold...All I am saying is your trying to save money the wrong way here...You can do things on the cheap but you get what you pay for...I just dont get the whole sleeper thing ...I think everyone has seen the F&F videos by now LMAO.......J/K

I've actually installed a sr t25 set up on a friend's S13 so I know all about needing the downpipe extended, but I have no clue where you get I need i/c piping fabbed. I've stated I'm doing a sleeper look, and a S13 smic set up fits perfectly. An aftermarket manifold does come darn close to the brake lines, which is why a shield should be fabbed. However, if you look at those that do the stock sr manifold w/ka flanges mod, the manifold perfectly clears the brake lines and lets you use the stock sr heat shield. The stock elbow cleared just fine, but an aftermarket elbow had about a paper thin clearance.

I mean if it's that big of a deal I'll just get my friend's megan manifold he used since he isn't using it anymore, buy new gaskets and studs/nuts , fab up a shield for the brake lines and just use that instead. I just like the look of a stock-ish set up personally, especially since it'll never go past 7-8psi.
S13 nOOb is offline   Reply With Quote