View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
mkomar24
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
mkomar24 has made poor choicesmkomar24 has made poor choicesmkomar24 has made poor choicesmkomar24 has made poor choicesmkomar24 has made poor choicesmkomar24 has made poor choices
S13 based tube chassis

This is a video I put together for Jalopnik, it shows the tube frame s13 I built with my good buddy Dan. Before any of the hating starts, we simply wanted to build the fastest, lightest, over-steer happy thing we could for a budget of $3000. We also had 30 days til the last track event of the season. This is what we came up with. 1400 pounds fully loaded, 50/50 weight split, 250 hp, SR20DET, 10 inch slicks all around normally. This was a total success. It is the fastest vehicle I have ever owned or driven and it cost me less than the engine in my drift car lol. It is plenty strong enough for a rollover, has arm restraints, SFI approved harnesses and a fully encased battery. It has a steering shaft designed to fail upon hard impact to avoid injury to the driver in a crash (before that gets pointed out) and the fuel lines, electrical wiring, and exhaust are all fully enclosed within or above the frame. Yes that means you can board-slide this vehicle without and ill effects. It also has super angle knuckles to help with the excessive amounts of over-steer inherent in this chassis.
THIS VIDEO TAKES PLACE ON PRIVATE FARM ROADS CLOSED AT THE TIME OF FILMING!!!

Nocturnal Motorworks Coyote - YouTube

BTW! THIS WAS FILMED ON MY FAMILYS FARM ROADS AND A PRIVATE DRIVE IN FRONT OF MY SHOP. NO STREET DRIFTING HAPPENING HERE!
mkomar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links