View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #66
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomme View Post
Mike, this build is looking great! I was also thinking of coating my subframe with a dark gray hammertone. Probably going to do my LCA's, front arms, and front member in the same color, too. Keep up the great work!
Thanks! Powder coating definitely adds an element of cleanliness as well as durability. Also a little tricky trying not to scuff/crack the coating when pressing new bushings & ball joints in... If you do it, take your time, use lots of grease on the bushings, lots of padding on your vise; and only the minimum amounts of force needed to get the job(s) done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Damn Mike, you planning on retiring first before being able to drive the damn thing?
Oh hey Ray what's up lol... Yea man- Hoping to drive it over to collect my first social security check

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc4130 View Post
nah i have an very hectic lifestyle that keeps mike from working on and ultimately finishing this. btw im andy

should make some good progress on this this weekend as long as my boss doesnt call me in over the weekend. (race season starts this week so it might happen lol)
Ladies & gentlemen, ^^This be the BAMF helping with this [the biggest] part of the build... and by helping, I mean doing pretty much everything from fabrication to babysitting me to make sure I don't do anything too dumb. Can't thank him enough for all he's doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
That's a slick piece for the cable!
Domo sir!

As stated above, hoping to make some progress over the next few days. Planning to go over tonight & do some stuff.