View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #35
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Coming from somebody who had a built 500hp SR20...

If you're goal is 400hp, fresh stock bottom end can handle it. Like already stated, tune. I've had friends in Japan who were rocking stock bottom end, built head, hooked up to TD06-25Gs, pushing over 460whp, beats the living crap out of the car everyday for 5 yrs, and DD'd it. Car never missed a beat since he took care of it.

Anything more than 400-450hp, not a big fan of SRs. They get too laggy and makes the car not fun to drive. I was running a GT3582R and I dont get into boost till closer to 5k. Anything below 5k, car might as well be NA. Biggest weakness of these engines is oil. You have any oiling related hiccup, kiss it goodbye. Doesnt matter if its built, tuned, itll blow.

With that said, I'm running an RB25 stateside now...I like the torque but my biggest gripe is how heavy the damn front of the car feels. It might be because I'm using Mckinney mounts. I dont remember my buddy's RB25'd S14 in Japan feeling this nose heavy, using R33 crossmember and mounts.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote