Thread: Rage build
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
skateny115

Trader Rating: (0)
skateny115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rage build

So here it goes, where it is all going to start.

When i got the car it looked pretty good needed some work for sure but i plan on getting it to the level it deserves.

Gonna be long road, and always looking for input.

this is where i am at

with the turbo out waiting for a replacement !

AND NOW SOME PARTS

VLSD

[IMG]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-
prn1/601634_2821274909122_910041928_n.jpg[/IMG]

I dont have a turbo yet so was looking at things that I could try and fix while I wait to pick up a turbo on wednesday. In my search, I found that the intercooler was mounted in a half ass beat fashion. So i went to work.

This is what the brakets looked like before.

Then I removed all that junk and started looking around to see what i had laying around to remake the brakets out of.

Found these two pieces of scrap .080 aluminum plates.

Figured i would cut them down a bit and drill the wholes out. Then fitted them up with just basic hardware.

Then needed to make up a new top mount and decided to use different whole placement. So i welded up some simple flat stock into a new top mount.

And now it looks like this.....

Fits so much better and is rock solid.

Finally got the car in the garage big old win on that front.

I started out with replacing the broken valve cover stud. I did not have one and did not have time to source one so i decided to fab on up.

Ended up making a spacer and using a bolt.

I was able to buy a turbo from grip240sx up in boise which was pretty bad ass so big thanks to him. Got it home and it looked a lil rough so took a bit of time to clean it up and get it installed.

Here it is installed.

Then i fixed some zip tied cables that where buging me with some clamps.

Then... I began on my power steering adventure.
Had to make a whole bunch of stuff for it since i could not source stock parts.
Started with the power steering pump return fitting wich i made out of some flat stock and half inch tubing.

Then i fabbed up a tensioning braket out of some billet i had laying around. Then installed the whole thing.

Come to find out the power steering rack is tottaly destroyed.... so yea so much for driving my car for a bit till i can find a used one. If any of you have one hit me up i will come get it.

Well hope you guys like my work.