View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #31
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse@PureTurbos View Post
Well there is no RB25 BILLET bolt on turbo that comes with a compressor map (from ANY company). So it looks like our turbo is not for you.
[...]
Indeed. I'd rather get a proven solution. I do tests for a living amongst other things, so i know how much that kind of thing cost, and why only serious company pay for them. I also know a compressor flow map directly derives from the computations that lead to its design, which tests usually complete, or confirms.

So basically, you dont want to pay for tests, and you dont have the design computations either. Maybe that is because you are not qualified for compressor wheel design ? Maybe that is because you used the chinese "lets copy someone else design and mod it a bit to call it our own" method ?

I also dont believe in miracle. Previously there was a "batmowheel", with the exact same kind of claim. Custom billet wheel without any analysis data.

Now this. Seriously ? Yet another miracle upgrade with no other data than a dyno sheet ?

A compressor wheel is a compressor wheel, what matters is its design, not the material or the machine used to create it. Yes, you can get more precision on the fabrication, tighter clearances, but if your design is no good, precision does not matter. And if you just copy someone else design and add "cool feature", then you dont know if it is good. By good i mean a regular flow with reliable efficiency, no strange surge zone, no fragile regions and so on.

Was this even fatigue tested ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftsilvia View Post
tune was done via safc 2
If this is true, then i wont hesitate anymore to call the BS flag.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links