View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #149
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't mind the noise much seeing how my car already sounds like it's going to rattle apart between the high idle, solid bushings, poly mounts and 3" barely muffled exhaust lol.

And I've already started changing my tune over to TPS load instead of MAP load to prepare for the ITBs and it has been going well.

I think with my Haltech and TPS load for VE tuning, it should be very easy. Because I'm using VE, vaccum and boost are already accounted for in the ECU's calculations so I won't even need to make a MAP correction table. Tuning should be as easy as holding RPM steady with a load dyno like a Mustang, increasing load with the throttle and increasing/decreasing each cell's VE until I'm at the desired AFR. I'll do this for cells at critical breakpoints and then linearize inbetween. Same thing will be done for ignition timing but with the goal of MBT, not AFR. All together, I'm not expecting to spend more than 2-3 hours on the dyno and I should have a great tune by the end since I'll be optimizing cell by cell.

The only reason ITBs are hard to tune is because the MAP signal equalizes to atmosphere much faster than with a single throttle. This means you have a very hard time getting good MAP readings in partial throttle vacuum areas of operation. Tuning with TPS solves this and so does using a MAF since that measures air mass directly.

You can follow my tuning efforts HERE. I made a thread on Zilvia too but nobody replied so I just focus on the Nissan Road Racing thread now.