View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #45
trxrx7
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
trxrx7 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have had different bumpers from different companies in both fiberglass(duraflex same crap mixed with other crap, only a little stronger NOT a big difference) and urethane(on different cars). if you want your aero to fit better and flex like the one from the red hatch (which is very sexy btw) you have to buy a urethane product they really are pretty much indestructible and the reason of them fitting better is because the are trimmed by a machine. fiberglass aero is handmade and fitment will depend on the worker if he gives a crap about his job that day (starts with cleaning the mold properly, removing all the air bubbles when rolling on the fibers and trimming the right amount on the edges after taking it out of the mold) thats why there are some guys that say their extreme dimensions aero fits good and some say its......well you saw the pics, and that goes for other companies too!!! the bad part is not every bumper is available in urethane and they are expensive. i still buy fiberglass bumpers, cause my car is not a show car and im gonna beat them anyway while drifting, but i dont buy them from websites only if i find some for cheap locally, i would rather spend a little more money when buying a brand new bumper and know for sure that it is properly made and can take a few love tap's! but thats just how i see it.

can't really comment on fenders cause i dont have any, but im planning on getting some soon and im not expecting a direct bolt on cause i know the will need some work!
trxrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote