View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #45
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKriss View Post
"Umm, the whole oil pooling in the head is a fucking myth."

I am glad you think so. My RB25 s1 engine would fill the cam housings completely after three or four hard runs through to 7800 rpm. Cloud of smoke behind my car as the oil hit turbo and manifold from the breathers.

My next RB25 NEO was modified at the rear of the head to drain oil to the sump via the welsh plug . Guess what ? No more oil blowing out the breathers !

I track my RB25 NEO when ever I can. At least once a month and sometimes two or three times a month. Bog stock std. engine from a Jap engine import company here.
Single GT3582R , Freddy intake and good inter cooler.
She makes 380 odd wheel hp and is dead reliable. Revs through to 7800 rpm , had an issue with cooling but sorted that all out by ducting all the coolers and supplying cool air to them all.
Umm...did you read the fucking article?!?! Read the article, MJR will explain what the head mod was originally intended for. I've personally met the guy in Oki and if I'd listen to anybody who's been building 1000-1200hp RB26s, it'd be him.

But I got a question, how much boost are you running? I keep thinking a damn GT3582R would make more power than 380whp. My tiny ass T2 flanged Greddy turbo kitted IHI RHC6 turbo made 420whp at 1 bar. No oil drain mod, have my breather routed back to the intake with an oil catch can in between. I have yet to see a spot of oil in my catch can.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote