View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #40
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronlosey View Post
Tyler and I were both there for that on my 3 car trailer, it was a hell of a weekend! It rained for the qualifier day where the guys without licenses had to try out. We both didn't have to do that so we luckily drove on the dry days. Tyler blew a tranny and a friend of our from Traction Optional, Jerry, replaced it for him. Or maybe it was a clutch. Either way the tranny came out. That was Nopi 2008 I believe, an amazing event for us. I got to go on to drive against Kenji Yamanaka and Forrest Wang, and beat them all out to take the win that day and a giant check. Tyler got knocked out a bit earlier in the day, and to cheer him up I bought some hilarious 18x12 +0 wheels for him off Forrest the same day at the track with some of my winnings. Tyler tried for years to fit those on the car and never succeeded. I still have them. We went on to drive a whole season of Nopi together, which was a blast. When Nopi died, we moved onto the D1GP USA series, which was AMAZING!

As to the question of how he passed away, he was at a party and drank too much and passed out. No one noticed he vomited laying on his back, and he stopped breathing from a clogged airway. Let this be a lesson to everyone! I know a couple people this happened to, be careful people!
That is a terrible way to go out. Seemed like a cool dude, and you seem like a good friend for keeping this build going. Keep up the good work.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote