View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #90
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin_707 View Post
I'm thinking the same with jsal32, shit was so cheap back then, I bought my 89 coupe in 2001, I paid $3,350 for it, it had 189,XXX miles on it, amazing condition factory champagne gold paint, 5spd, HUD power everything stock everything, I had an 85 ford that one day broke down and I said F this car, I was looking for a civic originally, drove past a rent a wreck in fairfield ca, I saw this little gold car, didn't know wtf it was but I fell in love with it, didn't want to get it because I wanted a civic, looked everywhere at civics but that little gold car was stuck in my head, so I went back to see how much they wanted for it, as I get there I see an older couple getting out of it, I ran inside and asked if the little gold car was sold, the guy said "no, they just took it for a test drive" in excitement I yelled I'll take it! He laughed and I just looked at him, half hour later, the little gold car was mine, everyone I knew were I to Hondas and talked shit, "it ain't a honda" constantly hearing from them, i loved my car though, drove it stock not knowing much about it and never really reading up on it, i just loved my car, always had a familiar sense about it but couldnt pinpoint it, I worked at a dealership as a lube tech, a new salesman Was hired and found out I drove it, he asked me if I was planing to do an sr20 I was like wtf is that? Then he explained to me, I was like oh ok cool, then he told me about the "Silvia" that's when I really got all excited, I knew there was some type of familiar feeling about the car, late 90's I was really into gran turismo and my favorite car was the S13 silvia, he brought me some magazine (that I still have somewhere) where I can order parts, back then the silvia front end was $350 whole front end, the sr20 was $600-800.

Fast forward to today, I still own it, drive it daily it now has 239,XXX miles on it running strong, the funny thing I never got tired of my car, I still get the same exact feeling as the same day I bought her in 2001.

I've seen the prices of these cars soar in the past, so many trendy styles to come and go, it's amazing how these kids are treating these cars, beating the shit out of them calling them missiles, cutting quarter panels off just for a set wheels to be called hella flush, what happens after this trend passes? Going to get looked at the same way as molded body kits in today's day, get called a ricer just like you do when you see and old school body kit or set of wheels, I've never fallen into these trends especially "hella flush" I'm old school, I tuck rim.

Sadly our cars have become the new Honda civic and every Honda fuck that got into the 240 game also brought their old low life habits.

I remember the day I can leave my car with the windows open, unlocked and nothing would happen, today I have to look over my shoulders everywhere I go, worry where I park even for five minutes. People tell me don't drive it then, WTF!?!? I bought the fuckin car to drive it not have it stored and walk, it was rare to hear a 240 got stolen, in the past three years I've noticed most of these changes and it sucks, the drifting scene has made these cars scarce, almost every for sale add has multi colored half ass swaps, dents parts cars from idiots trying to be pro drifters on the street, you can barely find anything in original condition, hell I remember my driver side seat didn't even have the normal bolster wear.

Some of you guys are probably not going to read my whole post, but going to reply with some dumb shit, talk all you want you just got your car because of the new trends to me, any 240 bought after 2005 is a trend buy, you know it, I've had my car before it was even thought of being in any trend, you had to know someone that knew someone that knew someone that even knew what the hell it was now every one and their mom know what it is, now everyone is on the "I want a 240 so I can drift it"

Damn, this is long as hell.....
long ass post but you do a good job capturing the pride and love the old guys have for these cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
And those are the guys doing SR swaps in their S-chassis BEFORE anybody else.

This thread is funny cuz everybody who posted up are the same folks who jumped on the band wagon AFTER it blew the fuck up.

Lil history lesson: Drifting went mainstream summer of 2003 when D1 came over for a couple of exhibition competetion. That was pretty much the beginning of the end for S-chassis in the states. D1 came over after Signal Auto did their country wide drift demos with the twin S13.5s the year prior. Before 2003, having an S-chassis sucked because there were no parts available for these cars.
exactly, a lot of us were aware from the Option mags and videos, Initial D and the first few Drift Days but it was those exhibitions that blew the doors wide open. I can still picture the wide eyes and drool dripping from the mouths of teenagers at those events.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote