View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #704
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
What one must consider, which I am pretty sure Phil Jackson himself has said in the last couple of weeks, is that Kobe Bryant WAS. FUCKING. NOT going to let D’Antoni sit him if that would mean that they lost games that he could help them win and missed the playoffs. “Bitch, I’m Kobe Bryant and you’re Mike D’Antoni, I am worth more to the organization than you are right now!” It is worth mention – for those who claim Kobe is a ballhog – that he accounts for only 25% of the Lakers possessions this season, but 26% of their points. Note, this means that he scores at a more efficient rate than anyone else.
Personally, Dwight Howard should be embarrassed at that fact, given his physical gifts, but that is another story for another time. The responsibility is shared between D’Antoni and Kobe but is more due to Jimmy Buss for personnel movements than any one of those members alone.
With what the Lakers had on hand, Kobe was THE option if they were going to get into the playoffs and with a win or a Jazz loss tomorrow, he will have done it. Sadly, he will not be able to leave his house to witness the slaughter.
Right on point as always good sir. I will add that the only reason I don't place alot of blame on Dwight is because he claims to still not be 100% after his back surgery. But given the game he had vs Orlando, how hurt could he really be?