View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #130
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post

Why anyone wants the color of their car, whether it's a high-end exotic car or an old ass rust bucket 240sx, to look dull and faded instead of shiny and glossy is beyond me.

The problem is that people are plastidipping their cars as an alternative to a proper paint job and what's worst is that they actually think it looks good so they leave that shit on permanently.
exactly. it's beyond you. leave it up to zilvia to tell what others to do with their money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StryfeS13 View Post
Plastidip is not really all that easy to peel off as they make it seem. The second that it sees wear and tear it becomes a bitch to take off.

For example, I painted my motorcycle's wheels with Plastidip. I had my wheels in the damn glass beader and couldn't get that shit off. Pressure washer? Nope.

I had to sit there with paint remover and a scraper for half an hour per wheel just to get it off all the way. I can't imagine "peeling" it off a whole car.

And -- it only looks good on certain parts of a car. It should not be used as a paint job. For example, friend of mine has a white WRX and he painted his badges with black plastidip, looks good.
it's easy, if you're not retarded.

i've done it on a dipped STi. he takes it up to the mountains and wanted to keep his perfect OEM paint in perfect shape. It also took the damage of a ding, where someone decided to open their door and hit his car with it.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote