View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #45
91 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
91 240 is on a distinguished road
Progress, Progress, Progress.

I got a little bit more done this week. I was finally able to mark one of the biggest "to do" items off my list. Now i can start putting the interior back together and move forward with wiring......YEAH WIRING!!!!

The big "to do" item was prepping and painting the interior. I painted about 75% of the interior yesterday....all that's left is the hatch area, but i have a quite bit of prep and rust clean up before i'm ready for paint. Hopefully i can tackle that here in the next few weeks. Masking off everything was fun. I painted the roll bar a Graphite Gray a while back so i had to mask that all off as well.....good fun. Stripping, sanding and cleaning took me quite a while.

Here are some pics of everything masked off before spraying.

Here is everything unmasked after 2 coats of epoxy primer. I'm leaving it in primer as it'll all be covered in carpet eventually.

Now the interior is ready for the new carpet i have waiting to go in. After that the wiring, dash, seats and interior panels can go in.

Next i moved back to the engine bay. I had to take care of the power steering lines before i could mount the driver's side manifold for good, as the lines run underneath the manifold and are very tough to get to from under the car. I assembled the lines (Russell Powerflex) and covered them with some heat wrap to help protect them from being so close to the manifold.

Here's a shot of the high pressure line coming from the pump to the rack.

Here's the low pressure line, not much to see as the majority of it runs under the coil bracket.

Here's the final shot of the driver's manifold, plug wires and steering lines.

From there i threw the crossover pipe back on. i need to make a brace for it to help support the turbo's weight, so that's another item that' s on my list. After that i can send it off for coating like the manifolds. Here are a couple of pics

Next update I hope to have some of the interior back in and can continue to piece the engine bay back together.