View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #2
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
2stepGoesPowPow is an unknown quantity at this point
I mounted & balanced the wheels at work then rolled/pulled my fenders with a heatgun & hammer in May 2012, then my car finally looked a little better. daily drove it everywhere & started going to automotive school. i slowly started noticing the rubbing, tucked my harness before it rubbed through and made myself a lil more clearence. Heres a pic of how it looked rite after i put the wheels on, then after i adjusted the height a little bit.

Then one night i was meeting up w/ friends at a local drift spot and i went like 40mph over a huge bump, "caught like 6 feet of air", and upon landing my car felt a little funny, kept driving and got to the spot, looked at my car and my front driver coilover had snapped!!!!!the metal rod that goes into the shock had busted rite out and the car was resting on the spring.

I ended up having to drive 12 miles home while the tire was rubbing on the spring going 10mph because any faster and the tire would start smoking... it took me an hour to get home... So after that i ended up getting some used KTS/SPL coilovers and i bought a godspeed gen 2 suspension arm package. here is a pic of the broken godspeed coil over next to the new coils and the new suspension.

I should have learned when my coilover broke not to continue buying godspeed..., some of the arms needed the pivot bushings to be trimmed because they didnt fit... but after that they were fine i suppose.

Then because my front bumper wasn't really secured rite [zip ties from bumper to fenders on both sides, and just bolted to the headlight supports] over time the drivers side headlight support bracket where the bumper bolts onto began to crack so i just took the bumper off. [ended up staying off for 3 months], i also got type X rear valances and side skirts. I sprayed the valances and put them on, left the skirts in my basement to one day be re painted to match the car.

Then one day i backed out of my driveway and into my neighbors cobble stone lined front yard and freakin bent my exhaust..

ended up getting a 3" ebay catback for like a hundred bucks and getting the Ti-C muffler welded on to it. It was pretty nice, didnt have the big resonator that the greddy had, more of a straight through design, & Then i went to a bunch more meets, had a bunch of mini photo shoots with homies & enjoyed the car pretty much everyday.

Last edited by 2stepGoesPowPow; 02-11-2014 at 11:54 PM..
2stepGoesPowPow is offline   Reply With Quote