View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #50
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
Isn’t what you explained in essence “drift tax” ? I doubt the 240sx would be in such high demand if it wasn’t for the popularity of drifting.
vvv READ BELOW vvv

IMO "drift tax" ended once the good cars were used up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
I understand that. The point is that the "drift tax" is over at this point. The drift tax was when there were plenty of good cars available and they were priced high because of the JDM appeal. At this point there ARE NOT plenty of good cars available. The prices are justified at this point, where as they were artifically inflated 10 years ago or so. I do agree that people are trying to sell the shit cars for too much still. I have no interest in the shit though so I am not commenting on that.

I have no issue with 240 pricing. I am resourceful, patient, smart, and connected enough to not have to pay those prices. I LOVE it because when I find a deal I can make some good money. Everyone is not equal. Those who have the resources can thrive in this market. Those who do not are going to have to pay the price or buy a POS. I'm all for that.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote