Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan2nr22 View Post
Title pretty much sums it all

Engine is all stock, original.

I drive 15 miles from work to home daily twice and the cars fine, heat gauge is a little below half.

Yesterday I had to drive to Miami, at about 20-30 miles in heat slowly started rising till almost the top.

Obviously I pulled over before it hit the top, cooled the radiator down.

I noticed when I put the car in neutral while going 70-80 on the highway and just cruise the heat QUICKLY RISES after 20+ miles of traveling at 70+ MPH

Heres what friends are telling me:

1) From Previous owner, he said : Redtops arent made to go past 65mph and to be able to do that I'd have to get a bigger turbo and a 6 speed trans.

2) Friend said : It could be the water pump?

3) Mechanic said : You need a better radiator.

Does anyone here know or is familiar with this problem? How did you fix it? Please tell me I really need to be able to travel longer distances.
considering what the previous owner said, i think the head is warped and the headgasket is gone. The 6spd is weak as shit, and the T28 turbo is good enough for around 300HP, which allows me to reach 160mph without much trouble. On a CA18det, so with 10% less displacement.

The oem fan CAN go wrong. There is a viscous coupler, which works just like a VLSD. When it needs cooling, the clutch makes the fan spins as fast as the pulley. When it does not, the clutch only transmits a fraction of power and the fan turns slower. Sometimes the clutch dies, and it cant spin fast. And sometimes it cant disengage. Trust me, you know when that happens.

Anyway yes it can go bad, and nearly no other fan system works better.

People go electric either because they want less load on the engine, or need more room, or because they want to follow the crowd, believing it is better ... but electric fans are no better. Your oem fans can eat quite some HPs (sometimes as far as 5 ...that is 3700W, which on a 14V system is 266 amps. Your alternator will never be able to produce that)

But seriously, find the previous owner and give him back his piece of shite for a full refund.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote