View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #83
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
More than that, 240's are getting to the point that to make one nice you're buying a RESTORATION project. 20+ year old trims and seals are not going to be good, no matter how nice the rest of the car is. Restoring a car is not cheap, or easy.
Pretty much. As old as these cars are, even if you are lucky to find one with 150k to be a reliable daily driver (most are pushing 200K+, on their last breath, or have "rebuilt" motors), you'd still have to do a lot of maintenance and replace parts. It's to a point that, if you want one as a nice and reliable daily driver, you WILL have to sink a lot of money into it replacing almost everything.

To me, they are restoration projects/toy cars to have on the side. I crashed my last s13 coupe that I used daily, but have since got a newer car for commuting and it's pretty nice not to have to worry at the back of my head about when it will die on the road unexpectedly. It was pretty reliable, but pushing upwards of 230K I knew it had to go sometime even though I was confident it would make it to at least 300k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote