View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #14
No 240.. No id
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
No 240.. No id is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtal0n View Post
wow. This is my car. Everything is oem and its perfect. His problem is that redtops are not designed to be at 3600rpm on the highway in florida weather; thats it. The turbine is too small and the gearing is too short for it. If you disconnect the turbine it will no longer overheat because thats where all the heat is coming from. Otherwise, i told him to just drive 65mph @ 3000rpm because thats where engine vacuum is 10" about as low as you want to go for steady highway speeds.

At 80mph and 3600rpm the vacuum is around 3"-5" the engine is damn near in boost and it gets hot after 50 miles on that t-25, yeah. I suggested the 6-speed because then you can run the 3.4x gearing and drop the cruise rpm. Likewise he can upgrade the turbo to something with a larger turbine and that will also remove the heat from the engine.

A; upgrade turbine
b; better gearing
c; drive slower (3000rpm and 10" vacuum)
d; disconnect turbine (free) highly recommended for highway drives if you are going to beat on the engine with outlandish rpm
e; cooling system upgrade (but i prefer oem radiator)

the water pump is brand new i just changed it a month or two ago. It pressurizes just fine to oem specifications and you know damn well its got the oem thermostat.
Some creative ducting might help; the issue here is not so much cooling as the fact the engine should not be sitting at 3500+rpm for any length of time, regardless of whether it overheats or not. Period.

wow.......