ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan2nr22 View Post
Title pretty much sums it all

Engine is all stock, original.

I drive 15 miles from work to home daily twice and the cars fine, heat gauge is a little below half.

Yesterday I had to drive to Miami, at about 20-30 miles in heat slowly started rising till almost the top.

Obviously I pulled over before it hit the top, cooled the radiator down.

I noticed when I put the car in neutral while going 70-80 on the highway and just cruise the heat QUICKLY RISES after 20+ miles of traveling at 70+ MPH

1) From Previous owner, he said : Redtops arent made to go past 65mph and to be able to do that I'd have to get a bigger turbo and a 6 speed trans.

Please tell me I really need to be able to travel longer distances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Clean install. Now take it on the highway, and push it hard non stop for 50 miles on the highway. the temp gauge will rise unless the airflow ducting under the vehicle is proper. simple. a rising temp gauge does not mean overheating. my car never overheated and it still has not by definition over heated. for all we know the temp gauge is reading high. It doesnt even have an actual water temp gauge- its a redtop in an S14 from 95, maybe the resistor is picking up 190*F as "hot". And yet, everybody is soooo sure thats trash, its got a warped head, etc...
Look at the OP above, he is not beating on it. He is not going 50+ miles. He said in NEUTRAL the temp creeps up. Ask him if he is WOT while in neutral.. its clearly not a "redtop" problem. Nor is it a t25 problem. Stop crapping up his thread already.