Thread: X-Box One
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #29
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRB View Post
might be relevant :

PS4 Revealed as “Square” | Sankaku Complex

Basically: PS4 6/10/2013

Xbox One “Clearly Inferior” To PS4, Sony Stock Surges | Sankaku Complex

PS4
・CPU: Jaguar 8 Core CPU @ 2.0GHz
・GPU: Radeon GPU @ 1.84TFLOPS
・Memory: 8GB GDDR5 @ 176GB/s
■Features:
・Backwards compatible with previous PS* games
・Can remote play on PSV
・PlayStation Eye
・Supposedly plays used games
・Est. price: $300-$500
・Has a Share button!

Xbox One
・CPU: Jaguar 8 Core CPU @ 1.6GHz
・GPU: D3D 11.1 GPU @ 1.2TFLOPS
・Memory: 8GB DDR3 @ 68GB/s
■Features:
・No backwards compatibility
・Now has Blu-ray & TV support, in the US at least
・Kinect
・Plays used games if you pay again
・Est. price: $300-$500
・Has Windows 8!

Discuss...
The memory specs are a bit eye catching. I just hope this doesn't continue the trend of bad ports to the Playstation because Xbox is not up to par.

As for the Xbox One, it's impressive for the general public that wants a nice out of the box HTPC. The gestures and voice commands were cool, but I can imagine it working so well in the real world. I'm not too much of a fan of the new Xbox, but that's personal preference. Also the reveal presentation was very short and a bit off compared the the PS4 reveal.

As for Sony, it's still unknown how used games will be handled. They might follow suit or leave this as an option for the game developer (I'm thinking the latter). Backwards compatibility will be available via game streaming, but it's still unknown if this is available at launch or how the process will work seamlessly.

It's interesting to see the stark direct both Microsoft and Sony are now taking with the video game industry. It's a toss up at this point on who will have the lead in market share. I'm patiently waiting for E3....