View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #301
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update:

Well Needed to get the car over to the fab shop to re-do my lower radiator mounts. The new fan and shroud added to the over-all length of the radiator/shroud/fan assembly by an inch and a half. So it hit the lower coolant inlet. I moved the whole assembly forward, re drilled and tapped new mount holes and decided I was going to try and drive the car to the Fab shop 10 miles away to get the mounts done. I really wanted to test the new fan set up out. It was 91 degrees F out. And I am pleased to say that the car saw no more than 86 Degrees Celsius on my journey. I sat at red lights, cruising at 2800RPM in 3rd, coolant temps were no mroe than 86 C. coming to a stop the temps would always drop quickly back down to 83-84 degrees Celsius. I'm VERY happy and this was a HUGE step and improvement. Now I'll add ducting and Call the system complete.

Stopped by my girlfriends house on my voyage home... Made the 20 Mile round trip, problem free...and without getting pulled over haha.

Here are the new lower radiator mounts. Left a little room for rubber

While I was there I put the tools to good use... and made a new Gauge plate. The old one I made was too short by 1/4 inch haha..bad measurement..

holes and measures

gauge holes complete but needed to get my dremel out for the 2 rectangle cut outs for the PBM EGT displays

Also got BJ to whip up a Mid pipe so the bottom of my car wouldn't get caked with oil and the like

Installed and complete

Ordered 2 more 4" 90's and i'm going to look for a nice muffler tonight.
And worked on my alignment a bit more. This is a pretty damn tedious process..and I can't wait to get the damn thing to an alignment shop.

I stopped and got a full tank of gas at chevron and drove back to the house. Pretty sweet actually driving the car but I'm not going out again as the car is beyond loud. Ringing ears just from the short trips. But the Carbonetic Metal 2-way LSD was finally done being broken in so I changed diff fluid

And I finished dremeling out the gauge panel but I havn't taken any pics yet. So i'll have to snap a few later on today.

Thats where I'm at currently. I'm still having problems bleeding the brakes......even with speed-bleeders. May need to bench bleed the master again. We'll see. But the car is VERY close to being ready to tune. I'm going tomiss my deadline completion date this weekend. Thunder on the lot....I wanted to drive so bad, but maybe I'll just plop the car in the show just for kicks. Can't wait to get this car on the dyno, registered and ready to rip!! More updates soon! stay tuned!!
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links