View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #87
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240boi115 View Post
like i said i can see where you're coming from. i agree with you that its a good solution especially for people in cali. im just old fashioned i guess lol i like seeing the components in the engine bay where they should be xD
that being said though would you say the exhaust sound would be louder or more calm with the turbo being at the exhaust?
use the OEM muffler and it should be as quiet as stock. No need to go larger, oem exhaust can handle 300~ horsepower.

that said, if you wanted to be "seen" then just remove the muffler. I assume you thought the turbo would terminate at the tail- it does not have to. You can install the turbocharger anywhere in the plumbing that you can find room. I would actually prefer it to stay away from the oem plastic fuel tank, but that doesnt matter because you can always fabricate a nice shield. lots of options.

I feel that it would still be fairly quiet without a muffler as turbochargers have a slight muffler effect. but there is only one way to find out. It depends largely on whether you keep the oem exhaust plumbing that leads up to the turbocharger as well. My idea of a simple, reversible, clean install would probably use the oem muffler's flange, such that I could hang the turbocharger on the oem exhaust hangers that used to hang the muffler. I could easily remove the turbocharger by unbolting it from the OE (muffler's) location, and re-install the OEM muffler if I wanted to. I've never done an rear mount before so I am not sure it would work or is even feasible however.