View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #308
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
^ hey man I really appreciate that. Thanks a bunch!!

Update:

Well I guess there has been quite a bit of action since I last got on here. Been very busy tidying up everything and getting ready for tunning. The car Runs, the cooling system is beyond what I hoped for. I had a check list of things I had to make sure were in tip top shape before hitting the dyno. Those things were:

-No leaks
-Coolant system in check
-No Vac Leaks
-All couplers nice and toight...like tigers..
-Full tank of 91
-Pre-mixed at correct ratio^

And so I scheduled my dyno tune after I had everything....or what I thought was everything in check.

Got the car loaded up

Then got a flat tire on the way there and ended up being an hour late because of the traffic as well. Also the tune was scheduled with Nelson at RRR.
After he asked me a few smaller questions about the build we strapped the car up

It was exciting and hard not to be my own fanboi. I kept thinking to myself....."is that really the car I built in my garage?" Nelson got started right away. And everything went smooth...Until about 4500 RPM The log would just cut out. The communication between the ecu and the lap-top would just cut out completely. After about 30 min of trying new usb cables and even a new lap top... Nelson told me that we should just stop... I should take the car home and figure it out, that way i'm not paying for a problem I could fix on my own. So it was a bit dissappointing..but we spent 4 hours on the dyno and Nelson must've done 13-16 pulls. He tuned the car fully N/A without boost to make sure our next session was quick and since it's all V/E... theoretically I should be able to install the charge pipe and get mashing. I'm not going to do that though... I'm going to take the car back down to him so he can keep his eye on it. But Anyways.. He said that the set up was really unique.. and he was surprised I built it in my garage...and it didn't blow up. I couldn't help but be proud that there were no leaks, no mechanical failures.. and that he said my Cooling system was working excellently and he didn't even have to watch it after the first few pulls. It was about 85-90 degrees F in the shop and we didn't even have a snail fan on the radiator... Just a shop "Costco" fan blowing over the bay haha. SO with ducting I'm giong to say that the cooling system...IC and Radiator will function even better. Even close to the "Optimum level" as some of you guys are so gaylee set on achieving haha. <--thats another rant for another time though.
Anyways.. Here is a teaser video of the car on the dyno... It was so loud..and Nelson had the car humming at 6-7k rpm N/A smoothing things out for a good min or two.. It was rad to see the Long runner Header glowing BRIGHT RED. And for anyone who ever doubted the "gold heat reflective Tape. I will Stand by it for the rest of my life. Because Where I put it... my paint didn't get damaged. Theres a small area down on the frame rail that started bubbling and the paint pretty much boiled to shit because it was bare. But everywhere I put the reflective tape.. the paint was nice and smooth still... so yes It works. ANd if you don't think so...then I don't give a shit.
Also.....when your car is on the dyno at higher RPM's you start to really second guess if you torqued everything down correctly haha. Luckily... everything was good to go! ..but here is the teaser vid of the car N/A on the dyno

When I left the dyno I made another check list of what to fix so I could get some boost into this skeezy lady.

My list:
Fix ECU cut-out
New Plugs
More Gold reflective
Change tires (had a flat spot) so nelson was vibrating
Install Flex Fuel Sensor
New Battery because I had cranking problems from a 60% charged battery. I accidently left my dome light on over night.....<dumb Fduke
Install this

and this

and possibly Complete Radiator Ducting =-)
So I got to work and got everything but the radiator ducting, flex fuel sensor and Racepak installed. I may hold off on the race pack display until I get tuned just so I'm not rushed. That way it turns out really nice instead of "getting the job done." So Updates will come soon. I'll try and get back to the dyno in the next couple weeks to make some power.

Progress!!
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote