View Single Post
Old 11-19-2001, 08:36 AM   #1

Ok I took my car to the track yesterday, just for the fun of it. They only allowed RWD cars, so I was the only japanese car that was there, as well as the slowest car there.

I ran a 17.07 1/4 mile time and my car isn't even stock. What the heck? This is really discouraging, because it sucks thinking you have too put over $1000 just to get it into 15's.

I was only running 91 octane on a full tank of gas though, but I'm guessing tha twon't make a huge difference. I'm going to run it again after I get exhuast on only a 1/4 tank or less of gas running 93 octane.

Will exhuast make a big acceleration difference? Cause my intake didn't.

I heard from someone a stock auto 240 is supposed to run a 16.4. Myabe if I wasn't full of gas I'd run something like that.

Anyways after I ran to see how slow my car is, they started doing bracket racing. I was like, sure...whatever, I'll lose cause I don't nkow what I'm doing as much as thes pros here, but what the heck.

I payed my $10 to get into the race.

First up...my car versus a 13 second Ford F-150 lightning, the fastest production truck on earth.

I beat it.

Round Two...my car versus some seriously fast 12 second muscle car...think it was a nova or something.

He fouled out, I won.

Round Three...the guy running it tells me I'm probably going to get a buy in this round because there is an odd number of cars. There are only 8 cars left at the moment. So I wait there...and then at the last minute the fastest car in the race pulls up next to me...it's one of those crazy drag rail cars, he pulls up his number on his little dial in thing and shows me 9.76. I'm like...great...me versus the fastest car. The slooooow little rice burning nissan versus a .1mpg drag car that goes 0-150 faster then I go 0-60.  Anyways he ended up getting 1st place.

He wins by .04 seconds. That sucked, but I got further then I expected. I would have won like $200 for first place, and $70 for 2nd. Oh well.

My car is slow. How much of a difference will exhuast make?

(Edited by krunko at 8:39 am on Nov. 19, 2001)
Sponsored Links